The Project Setup main section and sub-sections (smaller tabs) allow you to customize the way IDC works with the project. You must understand each of the sections very well to control Designer and Producer as you desire. For a new project, once you save the project, more sub-sections and options will be available. You design your card layout in Designer and print them in Producer.
- Project List – Manage all the projects in the organization.
- Project Setup – Main section to setup your project. You can see the Project Name you are working on in the tab.
- Producer Setup – List of checkboxes and options for the Producer
- Field Definition – Choose all fields you need for your project.
- Color Code – Categorize your cardholders in Producer with a description and color.
- Front / Back Design – Configure the design on the template (texts, dynamic texts, barcodes, and images)
- Import Records – Import records to your projects.
- Export Records – Export records from your projects.
- QR Code Setup – IDpack Cloud has many features build-in with QR Code.
- New Project – Create a new project.
- Move to Active – Move the project to active when ready to print cards in Producer.
- Move to Trash – Remove the project from everywhere except for Administrator.
- Import Records – Import records from a CSV file, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, Google Sheets, etc.
- Import Photo ID– Import Photo ID from a ZIP file. Imported photos are matched using the ID #. Ex: 100580.jpg. This feature is available upon request only and at our discretion.
- Export Records – Export records to XLSX (Excel), CSV, and XML. You can export the Photo ID using the XML or XLSX format.
- Open in Producer – Open the project directly in Producer (shortcut).
- Save Project – Save the project to the cloud.
- Help Center – This help page.
By default, new projects are Inactive, that way they are not showing up in Producer until you are ready to print cards.
|New||New projects are available in Producer to users with Administrator role or users with Producer privileges specified per project.|
|Active||Active projects are available in Producer to users with Administrator role or userss with Producer privileges specified per project.|
|Inactive||Inactive projects are not available in Producer but can be seen by users with Designer role in Designer.|
|Trash||Trash projects are not available in Producer and can be seen only by users with Administrator role in Designer|
- Short Project Name – Enter a name for your project.
- Card format – IDC currently supports CR-80 and 4×6, the default is credit card size.
- Printer Model – Select your printer model for IDC to set up template with the manufacturer’s recommendations and help you configure your magstripe encoder more easily if you have one. If your manufacturer is not listed, request a printer model.
- Dual side printing
- No – No double side printing
- Yes – Choose a template for the Back, and the Producer will flip the card automatically inside the printer.
- Blank Back – Add a blank page, forcing the printer to flip the card before ejecting it.
- Duplicate Front to Back – Duplicate the Front design to the Back.
- Capture Electronic Signature – Allow electronic signature capture with a Scriptel signature pad.
- Front Template – Click the button Choose Front Template to choose the template you want to use for the front of the card. You can change or hide any images, static texts, or dynamic texts later. You can also add prefixes and suffixes text to any dynamic text.
- Back Template – Click the button Choose Back Template to choose the template you want to use for the back of the card. You can change or hide any images, static texts, and dynamic texts later. You can also add prefixes and suffix text to any dynamic text.
This is a preview of what your card will look like when printed. Dynamic fields will be updated with the information you enter in Producer and the Photo ID will change for each card.
Templates #122495 and #122496 are templates that can be used with a double-sided printer to skip a page when printing in batch or having a networked printer set as a double-sided printer. Since it only adds a blank page, this template can be used in portraits or landscapes. No matter the orientation.
Only users with Administrator roles can permanently delete a project. Click a project row in the Project List and go to the Project Setup tab. The project status must be: Trash to be deleted. Click Move to Trash if it’s not trashed yet. Now, to delete the project, scroll to the bottom of the screen and click Delete. The project and everything related to the record selected will be deleted permanently.
WARNING: There is no way back; by deleting a project, it will delete all the information related to it: project, design, record, activity log, and Photo ID. Where security is concerned, the more information you have available, the better it is. We always recommend not deleting a project but leaving it in the trash. Please don’t contact us to restore deleted projects, we can’t do anything once it is gone.