IDC templates can have four types of objects that you can customize for the front and the back of the card, depending on the design. Some designs might not have barcodes or images. Click on the color to open the Color Picker and choose your color. You can also copy/paste Hex Color Code, for example: FF8000 for orange.
- Project List – Manage all the projects in the organization.
- Project Setup – The main section to set up your project. You can see the Project Name you are working on in the tab.
- Producer Setup – List of checkboxes and options for the Producer
- Field Definition – Choose all fields you need for your project.
- Color Code – Categorize your cardholders in Producer with a description and color.
- Front / Back Design – Configure the design on the template (texts, dynamic texts, barcodes, and images)
- Import Records – Import records to your projects.
- Export Records – Export records from your projects.
- QR Code Setup – IDpack in the Cloud has many features build-in with QR Code.
- New Project – Create a new project.
- Move to Active – Move the project to active when ready to print cards in Producer.
- Move to Trash – Remove the project from everywhere except for the Administrator.
- Import Records – Import records from a CSV file, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, Google Sheets, etc.
- Import Photo ID– Import Photo ID from a ZIP file. Imported photos are matched using the ID #. Ex: 100580.jpg. This feature is available upon request only and at our discretion.
- Export Records – Export records to XLSX (Excel), CSV, and XML. You can export the Photo ID using the XML or XLSX format.
- Open in Producer – Open the project directly in Producer (shortcut).
- Save Project – Save the project to the cloud.
- Help Center – This help page.
- Background Image – Upload a background image to any template. A background image must be the recommended upload size or more significant for excellent printing results. We recommend PNG as a file type; PNG supports transparency and results in better-looking prints. File size may not exceed 2 MB.
- Logo – IDC will use your organization logo by default that you’ve set in Profile / Organization, but you can always change it for each project. Click on Choose File and choose a logo on your computer. A logo must be the recommended upload size or more significant for excellent printing results. We recommend PNG as a file type; PNG supports transparency and results in better-looking prints. File size may not exceed 2 MB.
- Static Text – Text is the static text that stays the same on all cards. For Memo Text, you can turn on “Allow HTML” and use HTML code in the textarea. You can also use shortcodes here.
- Dynamic Text – This is the text that changes depending on the value set in Producer Card Information Example: First Name will print “Steve”. The dynamic text will be hidden on the card if you select “Empty” from the pull-down menu.
- Barcode – It will print a barcode depending on the symbology you choose and the field to be encoded. Ensure the proper symbology is selected, as invalid data can generate an error. Example: having letters in a barcode that accepts only numbers.
- Image – Select an image to replace the one in the template.
List of HTML codes supported by IDC in Static Text when Allow HTML is checked. HTML tag must be followed by its closing tag. Note that the font Helvetica is set by default when using the Allow HTML. When Allow HTML is checked, the “Fit to cell” feature is disabled, so text size will not be adjusted to the cell space. You can use the tag style and add CSS to each tag. You can also insert Shortcodes with the HTML (see below).
Remove the space after the < and before the >.
- The < p > < /p > tag defines a paragraph
- The < br > tag inserts a single line break.
- The < strong > < /strong > or < b > < /b > tag specifies bold text.
- The < i > < /i > tag specifies italic text.
- The < em > < /em > tag is used to define emphasized text.
- The < sup > < /sup > tag defines superscript text.
- The < ul > < /ul > tag defines an unordered (bulleted) list.
- The < ol > < /ol > tag defines an ordered (1, 2, 3, …) list.
- The < li > < /li > tag defines a list item.
- The < div > < /div > tag defines a division or a section in an HTML document.
- The < span > < /span > tag is an inline container used to mark up a part of a text or document.
Example with CSS: < span style=”font-family: arial; text-align: center; color:#579ad3; font-size: 38px; font-weight: bold;” >some text< /span >
- The < style > < /stype > attribute is used to add CSS styles to an element, such as color, font, size, and more using class.
- The < font > tag defines the font face, size, color, or CSS style of the text.
Example: < font face=”times” size=”25″ color=”blue” >some text< /font >
Don’t forget, when using an HTML tag, you need to close it with a / Ex: <b>This is a Test</b>
A shortcode is a specially formatted text tag indicated by brackets like [this] and can be placed directly in a Static Text in Designer. IDpack in the Cloud automatically interprets this tag and allows you to add database fields without having to program code.
List of custom shortcodes supported by IDC.
Example: ACME Example inc.
Example: Steve Smith
Example: 2021 (display current year)
All fields can be inserted as a shortcode to construct complex paragraphs in Designer -> Design -> Static Text. You can see the list of all the fields supported with their shortcode name here: Database Fields List.
- Example without HTML:
Hello [firstname], Welcome to this event. Your security level is: [level]. Enjoy your stay.
- Example with HTML:
Hello < strong >[firstname]< /strong >, Welcome to this event. Your security level is: [level]. Enjoy your stay.
List of barcodes supported by IDC.
- CODABAR (varchar)
- CODE 11 (decimal)
- CODE 128 (varchar)
- CODE 128 A (varchar)
- CODE 128 B (varchar)
- CODE 128 C (decimal)
- CODE 39 (varchar)
- CODE 39 EXTENDED (varchar)
- CODE 93 (varchar)
- EAN-13 (decimal)
- EAN-2 (decimal)
- EAN-5 (decimal)
- EAN-8 (decimal)
- Interleaved 2 of 5 (decimal)
- MSI (decimal)
- PHARMACODE (decimal)
- PHARMACODE TWO-TRACKS (decimal)
- PLANET (decimal)
- POSTNET (decimal)
- RMS4CC (varchar)
- Standard 2 of 5 (decimal)
- UPC-A (decimal)
- UPC-E (decimal)