The Field Definition sub-section is the heart of Designer and must be understood perfectly. Our templates include a default set of fields to be used, but they can be completely customized. You can specify all the fields you want to print on your card and use them in the Producer data collection form. All fields you select needn’t be printed on the card; some can be used for data collection. These fields will be reflected everywhere in Designer and Producer, as each project has its own Field Definition. Removing a field from the Field Definition will not delete its data; if you add the field back, the data in Producer will be available again. You can choose up to 50 fields for every project. Don’t see a field you need? Request a field here.
- Project List – Manage all the projects in the organization.
- Project Setup – Main section to setup your project. You can see the Project Name you are working on in the tab.
- Producer Setup – List of checkboxes and options for the Producer
- Field Definition – Choose all fields you need for your project.
- Color Code – Categorize your cardholders in Producer with a description and color.
- Front / Back Design – Configure the design on template (texts, dynamic texts, barcodes, and images)
- Import Records – Import records to your projects.
- Export Records – Export records from your projects.
- QR Code Setup – IDpack in the Cloud has many features build-in with QR Code.
- New Project – Create a new project.
- Move to Active – Move the project to active when ready to print cards in Producer.
- Move to Trash – Remove the project from everywhere except for Administrator.
- Import Records – Import records from a CSV file, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, Google Sheets, etc.
- Import Photo ID– Import Photo ID from a ZIP file. Imported photos are matched using the ID #. Ex: 100580.jpg. This feature is available upon request only and at our discretion.
- Export Records – Export records to XLSX (Excel), CSV, and XML. You can export the Photo ID using the XML or XLSX format.
- Open in Producer – Open the project directly in Producer (shortcut).
- Save Project – Save the project to the cloud.
- Help Center – This help page.
Each row of the table represents a field available through the project. You can edit each field directly in the row, then click Save Project when done.
The table of fields contains the following columns:
- – Status of the field : Locked (dark green) or Unrestricted (green).
- – When Unrestricted, you can uncheck the field and save the project to remove it from the project.
- – Change the order of the field, up/down and then save the project
- Field Name – This is the field’s name.
- Printed Example – This show how it will look when printed on the card.
- Printed Prefix – Add the specified text in front of the information from the database (if required). like “DOB:” and it will print on the card: DOB: 1970-25-04
- Printed Suffix – Exactly like Printed Prefix but add the specified text after the information from the database. Example “lb” and it will print on the card: 120 lb
- Max Length – By default, IDC sets a maximum accepted length for the data collection form in Producer. (You can see the value gray out, but you can enter a lower value if needed.)
- Req. – Check this check box to make the field mandatory (required) when adding or editing cards in Producer.
- Default value – The value entered here will be applied by default to any new record created. For example, “(555)” will put “(555)” in the form when creating a new record, helping to avoid typing the same information every time. For fields with a pull-down menu, you can enter a default option. Ex: For Language: “French (FR)”. (French will be the default)
To add a field you your project, use the pull-down menu to select a predefined field and click the Add Fields button. For more information: Database Fields List. Hold down the Ctrl (Windows) or Command (Mac) button to select multiple options. Don’t see a field you need? Request a field here. You can have up to 50 fields per project.